Sky Vegetables is an innovative, urban agriculture company dedicated to building sustainable, commercial-scale hydroponic farms on urban rooftops across America.
Our mission is to improve the health and nutrition of city populations and provide new jobs and educational opportunities through the development of urban sustainable agricultural communities.
Each Sky Vegetables farm will provide nutritious, chemical free and locally grown produce, while reducing environmental damage.
Sky Vegetables provides numerous benefits to partner cities including:
- Increased access to fresh produce
- Creation of green jobs
- Improved nutrition for local citizens
- Improved air quality
- New educational opportunities
- Decreased healthcare costs
- Localization of the economy
- Creation of sustainable communities
There are numerous benefits to hosting a Sky Farm including transforming underutilized rooftop space into a new stream of income.
Sky Vegetables farms also help increase building efficiency; providing additional insulation in the winter and absorbing sunlight in the summer; helping reduce the costs associated with heating and cooling.
- Reduced utility and sewer costs
- Insulation in the winter
- Potential LEED credits
- Sunlight absorption in the summer
- Increased building efficiency
- Transform underutilized rooftop space into a new stream of income
- Creates sustainable agricultural environments for urban centers
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduces fossil fuel use
- Converts non-usable space into food production centers
- All food is grown without herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers
- No crop failures due to droughts, frost, floods, storms or pests
- Carbon credits